This is a beautiful lithographic print from the Albert Hertz whom was based in Gloversville, New York, Circa 1905. Mr. Hertz was a dealer in both wines and whiskies before prohibition.Details
Pictured is a metal charger sign from the Stone Hill Winery Company in Hermann, Missouri. Circa 1900. This metal charger has two small holes on the rim area designed to allow it to hang on the walls of a local establishment which was selling their product. The Stone Hill Winery was once the second largest winery in the United States, and the winery won many awards both in the U.S. and internationally for their wines. Unfortunately prohibition like many breweries put a halt to the business and when it resumed 14 years later times had changed. The winery sat vacant for years, but was brought back to life in the 1960’s and remains a strong hold in the Midwestern area in wine production.