This is a nice porcelain sign from the Donnell Milk Company, based in St. Louis, MO. Circa 1930. The Donnell Milk Company was incorporated in 1915 for $15,000.00 by Jessie F. Donnell, E. J. Donnell, and P. J. Breckenridge. The company remained in business well into the 1930’s or early 1940’s based on the style of their embossed milk bottles which can be still found today. The plant was located at 816-818 South Taylor Avenue near the present day Barnes-Jewish Hospital in the city of St. Louis, MO. Unfortunately their factory building was torn down around 2005 to make way for some new housing. This sign denotes it was hung at a “Branch” of their dairy, meaning the local dairy farmers could sell their milk at that particular location or branch. The milk was then was then shipped back to their modern plant in the city for further processing.
This sign is a beautiful hanging tin sign advertising the Sharples Tubular Cream Separators. Circa 1915.
Featured is an early metal serving tray from the Foster’s Brand of Ice Cream. Foster’s was apparently based in Waterloo, but I don’t know if that was IA or NY most likely.
Featured is a gorgeous advertising wooden diecut trade sign from an early ice cream or confectionary store. This could have also come from a soda fountain possibly.
Featured is a nice scalloped reverse on glass sign from the New Haven Dairy Company for their Ice Cream and 5 cent ice cream cones. New Haven, CT or New Haven, MO most likely being the origin of this sign.
Featured is a beautiful TOC sign advertising a local Jersey Ice Cream Brand, calling itself “The Good Kind”. Circa 1930.
CAPITAL CITY DAIRY CO., COLUMBUS, OH. PURITY & BUTTERINE PRODUCTS. EMBOSSED CARDBOARD SIGN. Circa 1920
This is a really nice embossed cardboard sign from the Capital City Dairy Company in Columbus, Ohio. The image shows a young girl riding a cow with the words Purity and Butterine also.
This beautiful self-framed tin advertising sign from The Sharples Separator Company in West Chester, PA. features a woman who looks like a fairy with wings getting cream for a young girl, while the cow looks on with much interest.
Shown here is a beautiful vitrolite advertising corner sign from the Roach and Seeber Company which was based in Waterloo, Wisconsin for many years. This corner sign still has its brilliant copper flashing framed border
Featured here is an advertising decal designed to be applied to a metal tray or sign from the Highland Evaporated Cream Company in Highland, Illinois. This company later became the Helvetia Company and eventually moved to St. Louis, MO where it was renamed The Pet Milk Company. Circa 1895.
Gail Borden Eagle Brand Condensed Milk Lithographic Poster. Circa 1910
De Laval Cream Separators Round Advertising Sign, Circa 1900
A wonderful porcelain advertising sign from the Pevely Dairy based in St. Louis, MO. Circa 1915. This advertises “Baby First” on the sign.